Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Celebrations

as suggested by POT LUCK MONDAY at Jingle Poetry

Stick the fairy on the tree,
all the lights are bright to see,
bless the Holy Trinity
God is one and God is three...
(Number three came down for me.)

Light the candles on the cake,
give the tambourines a shake,
let the Earth erupt and quake,
keep the city wide awake,
we have mighty thirsts to slake.

Hang the flags and bunting out,
beat the drums and raise a shout,
out with sadness, out with doubt,
tell the world that we're about,
flood the world with ale and stout.

Sing you choristers, outsing
even songs the angels bring,
let the bells of Heaven swing.
Here on earth the wedding ring
awaits the happy happening.

Loose your rockets to the sky,
lift the heroes shoulder high,
let the sparks from bonfires fly.
If a nobler world draws nigh
let your laughters multiply.

13 comments:

Pearl said...

Wow, Dave. That is absolutely fantastic.

Raising a glass to you,

Pearl

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Stick the fairy on the tree,
all the lights are bright to see,
bless the Holy Trinity
God is one and God is three...
(Number three came down for me...

love your word flow, they are rhyming perfectly and dancing joyfully...

Thank you so very much for supporting JP...
your poetry rocks.


A++

Kay said...

yippers... tis the season, and you say it all so well! :)

Cheers!

David Cranmer said...

Beautiful, Dave.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Your poem brought smiles. I really enjoyed it.

Linda Sue said...

"Flood the world with ale and stout"- oh, Dave- that is my sort of celebration. Cheery poem- all jingly and sweet.

Tabor said...

Pretty interesting poetry...chock full of holiday images.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the song of songs david! and seasons greeting! mines here- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/time-is-not-the-essence/

Dave King said...

Thank you Pearl!
Chink, chink!

Jingle
Lovely of you to say all that. Thanks a million.

Kay
Must be the season that's got into me.
Cheers!!

David
Much thanks.

Jane
Hi and Welcome. The smiles I love- and thank you for them.

Linda Sue
We'll celebrate together then! Thanks.

Tabor
'tis the holiday spirit that is upon me!

fiveloaf
I see the reference. Shall be along anon

izzy said...

I enjoyed this, it felt a little bit 'tongue in cheek'- you're not thumbing your nose are you ? Thanks.

That Janie Girl said...

I'm impressed. Love it.

My favorite line? "(Number three came down for me.)

Dave King said...

izzy
Glad you enjoyed it. It was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but definitely NOT thumbing my nose!

That Janie Girl
Good to have you visiting. I'm glad you picked out that line. Thanks.

izzy said...

Thanks for visiting ! Happy New Year-